Saturday, November 1, 2008

Askmewhats Revisits: Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief

All Saint's Day today!

I will be off to the Cemetery to visit my loved ones who has passed away. But before I go, I will leave you guys with a new entry I call "Askmewhats Revisits". What made me decided to do posts like this? Well, I have been using and reviewing a lot of products and some of the products I've reviewed just after weeks or months of usage. Which, of course could change after longer period of time. Some products may work at the start but not after some time or vice versa. That's when I thought of revisiting these products and talk about them.

What inspires me to this post is when I finished up my Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief *whew* or can I just say MSE?

I have done a very simple review in the past and now that I'm done with this tub, I think it is just right for me to talk more about this product! (Check out the old review by smiling and clicking MSE)





Clinique's MSE says ---
  • Rapidly boosts skin's moisture level, restoring balance to comfort, soften and smooth in a flash
  • Plump up fine dry lines
  • Oil-free - For all skin types
  • May be used as a refreshing, moisture-intensive 5-minute mask
Askmewhats Says ---

Pros
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Doesn't feel heavy on the skin, NOT sticky at all!
  • Definitely moisturizes DRAMATICALLY
  • Oil free --- I am dry skin as you all know but this works for oilies out there :P
  • I wake up with really smooth soft skin
  • No skin irritations or breakouts
  • It's allergy-testetd! (Yay! I'm a woman with a lot of allergies! lol)

Cons
  • no SPF (but it's ok, this supposedly acts as a night moisturizer)
  • unhygienic packaging, you will definitely expose the product to dirt "everytime" you use the product. (take a look at the photo below)
  • this product has been discontinued and replaced by Clinique Moisture Surge EXTENDED Skin Relief (haven't tried this yet)


Overall

This is my HG moisturizer. Although this product was made to "BOOST" moisture, meaning, you need to use a separate moisturizer then "seal" the moisture with this MSE, in my opinion, find this step unnecessary as I have super dry skin and using this product alone is enough to "hydrate" my skin. I find the texture of this gel really light and absorbs quickly on the skin, which makes my make-up application really fast and easy.

After almost a year of usage, I can say I don't have dry skin anymore with this moisturizer and I find this as my HG.

I use this as a day moisturizer and I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion at night (my own preference).

Tips
  • Since I find the jar to be unhygienic, I transfer the contents with a plastic spatula to my sample jar of MSE. I've transferred approximately 10x for a 75ml jar


  • I tend to judge on the price easily, so what I do is I mark the day I started to use the product so no matter how expensive a product is, if it works, and it lasts long, it's worth it! I've used this once a day since January 19, 2008 ---- WORTH IT!


  • Some people claim to use this as a face MASK, I find this is unnecessary because applying this product thinly over your face is enough to moisturize. And applying this thickly as a face mask will let you finish up the product faster <-- which, could be a marketing strategy
  • For Combo Skin: Apply thickly on areas that tends to dry or flakes your skin and apply thinly on areas that has more moisture
  • You must use a face sunblock still because this product doesn't have any SPF

Will I repurchase?

YES

Where did I purchase and how much?

I purchased this at the Duty Free Shop in the Philippines for $46.50



I will revisit my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion as soon as I finish it up. So you know where I am at the moment with my DDML here's a photo I took just yesterday!



Still a long way to go huh?

I had a review about this early on and I find this works OK but NOT dramatic at all, (check it out here). Did I change my mind? We'll see! :)

*yawns* I have to dash off!
Keep that happy face coming and smile!
It's free 'ya know *winks*

13 comments :

  1. clinque for me is a hit and miss but i do like the dramatically moisturisor in winter on my ears which flake a lot in winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh.... ^5!
    i <3 this product too!!! and i have just finished the whole jar :D :D in fact this is my first time finishing one WHOLE jar of skin care ^_^ im proud of myself. hehe but i still have the yellow gel to be finished tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh! i love clinique! i have to say the price is totally worth it!

    i'm at the province too! traffic is soooo bad at SLEX. haaay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm using clinique dramatically different lotion as well and i gotta be agree with you.. it's OK, it works pretty well in my skin, but not that DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT tho..

    maybe i've to follow ur tips, marking the day i bought. thanks so much Nikki for the tips :)

    have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha.. I'm sucking you into buying NARS too??

    btw I use the clinique moisture surge too... I'm still on the old one I think.. i use it everyday after my moisturizer but before foundation.. LOVE IT!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bittenbefore, TRUE about Clinique as Hit and Miss, I've got so many testers from my Aunt and I never had a product that works so well for me or a product that I love dearly until I've tried this MSE! :)

    Prettybeautiful, WOW! You sounded like me! I can't believe it! hahaha We're both done with this and finishing up the DDML!

    Saaby!!! I hope you don't go through all the traffic and stuff, but I know how it is here, so I am a bit lucky because I don't need to go to the province, but it was super crowded at the Chinese Cemetery today :(

    Ai :) My pleasure, I mark even my mascara so I know when I should chuck it! :) And it's great to know that you spent a lot but used it for months and months! :D

    Purple snowflake, the only NARS blush I have..well WILL HAVE is the Orgasm, I ordered and waiting for it to arrive, and seeing your post makes me want more!!! :D I am glad you love your Clinique moisturizer too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to try this! i've been using clinique's 3 step system and i have really dry skin too... i think i will check this out the next time i'm at the mall. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honey you've just wrote about ALL my favourite moisturisers! Ahh ... great minds sure think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lily, if you're using the 3-step program, you can go back to the SA who sold it for you and ask for a sample jar! I've tried their sample first before I realized I want the full size jar!

    Tine, I thought about you!!! I know you're using the exact same skin care I use!!!! *high five*!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I HATE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion! It is SUPER GREASSSSSYYYY! It is terrible for people with acne prone skin (like me). I use Moisture Surge and it is very light and non greasy :) I love IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Have you tried the Clinique Moisture Surge EXTENDED Skin Relief?
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saved as a favorite, I really like your website!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment your questions, suggestions and just anything you may want to say! Keep smiling and stay happy!